Apply to Centre
Apply to Centre
Apply online at no charge. Click below:
Centre offers three admission application plans to accommodate varying student needs.
1) Early Decision: November 15 Students who believe Centre is their first-choice college and who are prepared to make an early commitment to Centre may apply Early Decision through November 15, 2015. Early Decision candidates pledge to enroll if they are admitted, provided they receive a financial aid award that makes attendance possible. ED applicants will receive admission and scholarship decisions by early January 2016 and financial aid notification by late January. Admitted ED students submit an enrollment deposit by February 1, 2016 and withdraw their applications to any other colleges.
2) Early Action: December 1 Students who apply by December 1, 2015 will be notified of admission decisions by mid-January 2016.
3) Regular Decision: January 15 Students who meet the regular decision deadline of January 15, 2016 will be notified of admission decisions by mid-March 2016.
|Early Decision||November 15||Binding||Early Jan||Feb 1|
|Early Action||December 1||Non-binding||Mid-Jan||May 1|
|Regular Decision||January 15||Non-binding||Mid-March||May 1|
*Students applying for need-based financial aid should submit the FAFSA and Centre Aid Form by January 31. Students who meet these deadlines will be notified of financial aid awards beginning in mid-March. The financial aid process is expedited for students applying Early Decision.
The following items must be postmarked or submitted electronically by the appropriate application deadline date (see Application Timetable above).
• The School Report completed by your guidance counselor.
• An official transcript of your high school academic record attached to the School Report.
• A teacher evaluation completed by someone who has taught you in a college preparatory course in your junior or senior year.
• Score reports of ACT or SAT-I tests may be sent from the respective testing services or included on a student’s high school transcript. We use highest composite ACT score or highest combination of SAT-1 Critical Reading and Math scores. Students are encouraged to report all ACT and SAT-1 scores, knowing only the best composite scores will be used in the admission process.
• TOEFL/IELTS score report All international applicants applying to Centre for whom English is not their first language must submit official results from either the TOEFL or the IELTS exam. Our required minimum for the TOEFL is 90 and our required minimum for the IELTS is 7.0
• Midyear Report of grades received in courses taken during the first semester of your senior year (for Regular Decision applicants only).
• The ED Agreement is required of Early Decision applicants only. This binding contract indicates the applicant and his or her family understands the terms and conditions of their application plan.
• Optional Items may include samples of work or an interview. An interview and campus visit is strongly encouraged. Students who wish to share a portfolio of artistic work should send selected works (max = 10) or a link to an online portfolio to email@example.com. Digital copies should be submitted via email, and not through the CommonApp’s SlideRoom portal. Application supplements will not be returned, so please submit copies only.
Is Early Decision Right for You?
At some point in their college search, many competitive high-school students consider applying to a college under an Early Decision (ED) plan. At Centre, applying Early Decision is recommended for students who, through careful reflection and research, have identified Centre College as more than just their first choice college—it’s their ideal fit college. They simply couldn’t see themselves happier anywhere else.
We want students who have determined that our personal approach to the liberal arts is what they want. We’re looking for students who are excited to prepare for lives of work and service in a global context; who thrive in a collaborative community that values intense academic challenge and support; who do more than seize opportunities, they create them.
If this is you, click here for more details.