Lincoln Scholars Program
600 West Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Centre is pleased to announce this new initiative as part of its ongoing mission to prepare students for lives of learning, leadership, and service.</h3
Update: March 4, 2016 Our scholarship committee has selected finalists for premier scholarship programs for Fall 2016. We received over 1200 nominations from students across the country and the globe, with only 35 finalist spots available for each of our three premier programs. Our staff spent weeks reviewing and discussing these applications carefully, and found the applicant pool to be an extraordinarily impressive group. The Admission Office thanks all scholarship applicants for the time, thought and effort they put into applying for a premium scholarship program at Centre College. Our office mailed notifications to all premier scholarship applicants the first week of March.
The Scholarship and Enrichment Program
Lincoln Scholars receive “full-ride plus” scholarships, renewable for four years.
In the summer before their first year at Centre, Lincoln Scholars will participate in a ten-day endeavor that includes an introspective short course on leadership, a colloquium on Lincoln, and a three-night, four-day Outward Bound experience in North Carolina.
Each Lincoln Scholar will engage with the program director to chart an intentional, self-initiated course of study, research, service, and co-curricular experiences over four years. Summers after the first year at Centre will be devised in conjunction with the program director.
The scholarship and enrichment program includes:
• Four-year, “full-ride plus” scholarship
• Three summers of enrichment experiences that further develop students’ tenacity, grit and understanding of humankind’s challenges
• Opportunities to pursue career-building and leadership-enhancing experiences
• Individual mentoring
Competitive applicants should demonstrate:
• Standardized test scores at or near the top 10 percent of scores nationally
• A high school GPA that reflects achievement and success. IB program participants are welcome.
• Selflessness, integrity, and the courage to be bold in pursuit of the greater good
• Intellectual curiosity, a compelling personal mission, and an intense desire to achieve goals
• Marked participation and leadership in extracurricular, service, or community activities
How to Apply
1) Apply for admission by January 15.
2) Students who wish to be considered must be nominated by a school counselor, core course teacher, community-based organization liaison , employer, or independent college counselor who can attest to the student’s qualifications using our Scholarship Nomination Form by January 1.
3) Students nominated for the program will automatically receive an invitation (via letter and email) to complete the separate Lincoln Scholars application form. The separate application is due by January 15.
Students who wish to be considered must be nominated by a school counselor, core course teacher, community-based organization liaison , employer, or independent college counselor who can attest to the student’s qualifications using our Scholarship Nomination Form by January 1.
Announcement: Premier Scholarship Deadlines Extended!
As a courtesy to nominators and applicants, we have extended deadlines for our premier scholarship programs.
Nomination deadline: January 15 (was January 1)
Scholarship application deadline: February 8* (was January 15)
*We encourage students to submit their scholarship application(s) prior to the February 8 deadline.