Lincoln Scholars Program
600 West Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Lincoln Scholars Contact
Centre College is pleased to offer this scholarship as part of its ongoing mission to prepare students for lives of learning, leadership, and service.
The Scholarship and Enrichment Program
Lincoln Scholars receive full-ride plus scholarships, renewable for four years.
In the summer before their first year at Centre, Lincoln Scholars will participate in a 10-day endeavor that includes an introspective short course on leadership, a colloquium on Lincoln, and a three-night, four-day experience with North Carolina Outward Bound.
Each Lincoln Scholar will engage with the program director to chart an intentional, self-initiated course of study, research, service, and co-curricular experiences over four years. Summers after the first year at Centre will be devised in conjunction with the program director.
The scholarship and enrichment program includes:
• Four-year, full-ride plus scholarship, including room and board
• Three summers of enrichment experiences that further develop students’ tenacity, grit, and understanding of humankind’s challenges
• Opportunities to pursue career-building and leadership-enhancing experiences
• Individual mentoring from the director of the Lincoln Scholars Program
Competitive applicants should demonstrate:
• Standardized test scores at or near the top 10 percent of scores nationally. International students: minimum TOEFL score of 90, IELTS of 7.0.
• A high school GPA that reflects achievement and success. IB program participants are welcome.
• Leadership potential as a change-maker
• Selflessness, integrity, and the courage to be bold in pursuit of the greater good
• Intellectual curiosity, a compelling personal mission, and an intense desire to achieve goals
• Marked participation and leadership in extracurricular, service, or community activities
How to Apply
1) Apply for admission by January 15.
2) Complete the separate premier scholarship application by January 20.
PREMIER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
3) The selection committee will notify scholarship applicants about their status in late February. Approximately 30 finalists will be invited to campus for a mandatory selection weekend April 5-7, with ten recipients named in mid-April.
Students may apply for more than one premier scholarship program, but a student can only be selected as a finalist for one program. In the case that a student is a strong candidate for more than one premier scholarship program, our selection committee will place the student in the finalist pool in which the applicant will be the most competitive.
Although a scholarship nomination is not required for consideration for premier scholarships, the admission office welcomes nominations to help us identify and learn more about potential scholarship candidates. A nomination can be completed by a school counselor, core-course teacher, community-based organization liaison, employer, or independent college counselor. The preferred deadline for nominations is January 1, but we accept nominations through January 15.
Read about the LINCOLN SCHOLARS PROGRAM:View PDF