600 West Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Centre is committed to recognizing talented students with a variety of scholarships. Scholarships are available in three categories: general merit scholarships, premier scholarships, and special scholarships. Please see specific web pages for additional information about our various scholarship opportunities.
General Merit Scholarships
All students who apply for admission by January 15 are automatically considered for these merit scholarships. These renewable four-year merit scholarships range from $5,000 to $24,000 each year.
Typically, about 50 percent of the students in our applicant pool will receive a general merit scholarship. Scholarship decisions are based on a comprehensive review of each application, keeping in mind the context of the overall applicant pool.
• Faculty Scholarship $24,000
• Colonel Scholarship $22,000
• Founders Scholarship $20,000
• Centre Award $16,500
• Alumni Award $5,000
Notification: Students who are awarded a general merit scholarship will be notified of their award at the time they receive an admission decision. Admission decisions and general merit scholarship awards are mailed in the same packet.
Our most competitive scholarship programs recognize exceptional students. See program webpages for details and application procedures for each of these programs. A nomination and separate online application are required for consideration.
• Brown Fellows Program, full-cost-plus
• Grissom Scholars Program, full-tuition-plus
• Lincoln Scholars Program, full-cost-plus
These scholarships recognize a special area of talent or interest. Students must submit an additional application, essay, or audition to be eligible. Performing Arts and Language scholarships are the only Centre scholarships which may combine with other general merit scholarships.
• Bonner Scholars Program (service and leadership)
• Language Scholarship $2,500 – $5,000
• Performing Arts Scholarship $2,500 – $5,000
• New Horizons Scholarship $24,000 (diversity leadership)
Scholarship Nomination FormSCHOLARSHIP NOMINATION FORM
High school counselors, community-based organization liaisons, core course academic teachers, employers, independent college counselors, and Centre alumni are invited to nominate a qualified student for premier and special scholarships. Nominations allow us to identify potential scholarship recipients, and are encouraged. Submit our Scholarship Nomination Form to nominate a student for one of Centre’s scholarships.MERIT & SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIPS flyer (PDF)
The GPA requirements to maintain current scholarships are shown below:
• Brown Fellows Scholarship & Lincoln Scholars Program – 3.2 GPA
• Grissom Scholars Program – 2.67 GPA
• Faculty Scholarship – 2.8 GPA
• Colonel Scholarship – 2.5 GPA
• Founders Scholarship – 2.25 GPA
• Centre Award – 2.0 GPA
• New Horizons Scholarship – 2.0 GPA
• Alumni Award – 2.0 GPA