Apply to Centre
Centre is a member of the Common Application, an association of over 250 selective colleges and universities that allow students to use the same standard application form.
Centre offers four admission application plans to accommodate varying student needs. For a listing of deadline and notification dates, please see the timetable below.
- Early Action: Students who apply by December 1, 2012 will be notified of admission decisions by January 18, 2013.
- Regular Decision: Students who meet the regular decision deadline of January 15, 2013 will be notified of admission decisions by March 11, 2013.
- Early Decision 1 and 2: Students who believe Centre is their first-choice college and who are prepared to make an early commitment to Centre may apply Early Decision under either the December 1 deadline ("ED 1") or the January 15 deadline ("ED 2"). Under either deadline, Early Decision candidates pledge to enroll if they are admitted, provided they receive a financial aid award that makes attendance possible. ED 1 applicants will receive admission and scholarship decisions by January 1, 2013 and financial aid notification by late January. Admitted ED 1 students submit an enrollment deposit by February 1, 2013 and withdraw their applications to any other colleges. ED 2 applicants will receive admission and scholarship decisions by February 8, 2013 and financial aid notification by late February. Admitted ED 2 students must deposit and withdraw other applications by March 1, 2013.
|Application Plan||Deadline||Type||Notification Date||Deposit Deadline|
|Early Action||December 1||Non-binding||January 18||May 1|
|Early Decision 1||December 1||Binding||January 1||February 1|
|Regular Decision||January 15||Non-binding||March 11||May 1|
|Early Decision 2||January 15||Binding||February 8||March 1|
The following items must be postmarked by the appropriate application deadline date (see Application Timetable below).
- The Common Application and the Centre Supplement.
- The School Report completed by your guidance counselor.
- An official transcript of your high school academic record attached to the School Report.
- A teacher evaluation completed by someone who has taught you in a college preparatory course in your junior or senior year.
- Score reports of ACT or SAT-I tests may be sent from the respective testing services or included on a student's high school transcript. We use highest composite ACT score or highest combination of SAT-1 Critical Reading and Math scores. Students are encouraged to report all ACT and SAT-1 scores, knowing only the best composite scores will be used in the admission process.
- Midyear Report of grades received in courses taken during the first semester of your senior year (for Regular Decision applicants only).
- The ED Agreement is required of Early Decision applicants only. This binding contract indicates the applicant and his or her family understands the terms and conditions of their application plan.
- Optional Items may include samples of work or an interview. An interview and campus visit is strongly encouraged. If you submit any creative samples you have done, please send only copies, slides or photographs of your work, as they will not be returned.