Named for Lorette and John H. Horky, Class of 1932
Address: 101 North Maple Avenue, Danville, Ky. 40422
Located at the corner of West Main Street and Maple Avenue, and known first as the Russell-Thomas House when it was completed in 1850, it was one of several structures built by Robert Russell, Jr., who also built the College’s first building, Old Centre, completed in 1820. They are two of the 15 campus buildings placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the U.S. Dept. of Interior.
The building was later given to Centre and in 1992, after extensive renovations, was rededicated in memory of John H. and Loretta Bell Horky. It currently houses finance and human resources staff, in addition to the College switchboard operator. Before that, it was home to Centre’s admission and financial aid staff.