North Campus Residence Halls & Housing

North Campus Residence Halls and Housing

Built: 1962
Renovated: 1997

This three-building complex was originally designed to house female students when the campuses of Centre and Kentucky College for Women merged in 1962. The residence halls are named for several prominent families long associated with Centre College and Kentucky College for Women.

Acheson House

Address: 611 West Main Street, Danville, Ky. 40422
Named for the Acheson family long associated with Centre College and Kentucky College for Women.This building was originally built to house female students when the campuses of Centre and the Woman’s Department merged in 1962.

 

Caldwell House

Address: 609 West Main Street, Danville, Ky. 40422
Named for the Caldwell family long associated with Centre College and Kentucky College for Women.This building was originally built to house female students when the campuses of Centre and the Woman’s Department merged in 1962.

 

Cheek House

Address: 607 West Main Street, Danville, Ky. 40422
Named for the Cheek family of Danville (specifically, Ruby Moss Cheek, Class of 1929, and her sister-in-law, Dr. Mary Ashby Cheek, Class of 1909). This building was originally built (along with Evans House, Acheson House, Caldwell House, and Yerkes) to house female students when the campuses of Centre and the Women’s Department (located on the old Kentucky College for Women campus) merged in 1962.

 

Evans House

Address: 605 West Main Street, Danville, Ky. 40422
Named for the Evans family, including Mr. James H. Evans, Class of 1943, a native of Louisville, chair of the Centre Board of Trustees (1979-86). This building was originally built (along with Cheek House, Acheson House, Caldwell House, and Yerkes) to house female students when the campuses of Centre and the Women’s Department (located on the old Kentucky College for Women campus) merged in 1962.

 

Yerkes House

Address: 603 West Main Street, Danville, Ky. 40422
Named for the Yerkes family, (Rev. Dr. Stephen Yerkes; his son, John W. Yerkes, Class of 1873, and his granddaughter, Amelia Yerkes, Class of 1901, all past members of the Centre board of trustees). Housing primarily for first-year women. This building was originally built (along with Cheek House, Acheson House, Caldwell House, and Evans House) to house female students when the campuses of Centre and the Women’s Department (located on the old Kentucky College for Women campus) merged in 1962.

bottom-shadow2