New Student Orientation
Social Media Accounts
Contact Student Life Office
Campus Center (2nd Floor)
601 West Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
After Hours Emergency:
Congratulations and Welcome to Centre!
Below is some important information you’ll need to know about joining the Centre community.
Over the summer
All first-year students take four academic courses per semester in the following areas:
• Social Studies
• Foreign Language
• Other courses
In choosing your courses, keep the following in mind:
• If you need to establish basic skills in mathematics, you will need to take MAT 110 or MAT 140 (depending on your placement) before the end of your sophomore year.
• If you need to establish basic skills in a foreign language, you will need to study a foreign language through the first-year level (also completed by the end of the sophomore year).
• You must take at least one course in mathematics or foreign language beyond the basic skills level, or a computer science class. NOTE: Students who have met the basic skills requirement in both math and foreign language are not required to take a course in both at Centre. One course beyond the basic skills level in only one of those areas (or a computer science course) is required.
• Choose at least one course in an area that you are considering as a possible major.
• Look over the course descriptions of first-year classes. This will also help you make your selection. Click here to access the course catalog.
• Once you have taken all of the above into consideration, complete the online course selection survey by July 10.
• The course selection survey you complete will help us generate your fall semester schedule, which will be available by August 2. Don’t worry—when you get to campus, you’ll be meeting with your academic advisor to make any needed changes.
• If you have special needs or disabilities, click here.
When you arrive
• New Student Orientation Schedule
• Parent Orientation Schedule
• Orientation Assistants and Faculty Advisors
• Placement testing instructions
After you get here
AlcoholEdu is a program designed to educate all of our incoming students on the social and physical effects of alcohol use.
While you may not plan on drinking while in college, this program will give you all the information you need to know about how alcohol affects your health and behavior, current law on alcohol use, and how to deal with various alcohol-related situations you may encounter on campus.
All first year students are required to complete the AlcoholEdu course. To access the program, log in to your Centrenet account and click on the “Admitted Students” tab. You will then have to set up and account on the AlcoholEdu site. Please use your Centre email for that account.
No car? No problem.
Not all students have cars, and we’re doing our best to make sure that doesn’t stop them from having the transportation they need.
Lets you rent a car for quick trips in town or to nearby areas.
Arranges for transportation to Louisville and/or Lexington.