New Student Orientation
Social Media Accounts
Contact Student Life Office
Campus Center (2nd Floor)
601 West Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This is a brief explanation of how new students are introduced to Centre
Incoming students are assigned a Centre email address they will use to access CentreNet (the internal web for students, faculty, and staff). Students will use CentreNet to access their student accounts – including billing, email, as well as important information from the Student Life Office about orientation and what is expected both before and after they arrive on campus. Students are encouraged to check CentreNet and their Centre email frequently for updates.Orientation Schedule (PDF) Move In Map (PDF)
Over the summer
Below is a brief list of some of the things students will learn about or need to complete over the summer.
• New students are provided with the orientation schedule
• Parents are provided with the parent orientation schedule
• Housing and room assignments will be mailed to students (see below for detailed information about housing)
• Students must provide Health History and Special Need Request forms
• There is a required Summer Book Reading for further discussion after students arrive
• Course Selection, Registration, Advising, and Placement Testing
• Computer/hardware recommendations and discounts available for software will be provided
• Students will be notified by email about their Centre Post Office Box
All first year students are required to complete the AlcoholEdu course. AlcoholEdu is a program designed to educate students on the social and physical effects of alcohol use. The program provides students with information on how alcohol affects health and behavior, current law on alcohol use, and how to deal with various alcohol-related situations students may encounter on campus.
When the program is available for you to begin, you will receive an email with instructions.
When you arrive
• New students arrive on campus approx. a week prior to when the semester begins
• Students will be introduced to their Orientation Leaders and have most likely already had contact from them during the summer
• Students will get their photo I.D. made in the Student Life Office. The I.D. allows students access to residence halls, the library, meals, athletic events, Convos, and other Centre related activities and events
• Students will register their vehicles online through CentreNet and get a parking decal from the Centre Public Safety Office
• All new students participate in a volunteer Service Plunge community clean-up project
• Students will be required to participate in a discussion of the required Summer Book Reading
Who Do I Contact For More Information?
What About New Student Housing?
New students are given detailed information to help them be prepared for life on campus before they arrive.
The complete list of places, nicknames, and slang terms used on campus.