Residence Halls and Housing | North Campus
Date Built: 1962, renovated in 1997. This three-building complex was originally designed to house female students when the campuses of Centre and Kentucky College for Women merged in 1962.
The residence halls are named for several prominent families long associated with Centre College and Kentucky College for Women.
Named for the Cheek family of Danville (specifically, Ruby Moss Cheek, Class of 1929, and her sister-in-law, Dr. Mary Ashby Cheek, Class of 1909). This building was originally built (along with Evans House, Acheson House, Caldwell House, and Yerkes) to house female students when the campuses of Centre and the Women's Department (located on the old Kentucky College for Women campus) merged in 1962.
Named for the Evans family, including Mr. James H. Evans, Class of 1943, a native of Louisville, chair of the Centre Board of Trustees (1979-86).
Named for the Yerkes family, (Rev. Dr. Stephen Yerkes; his son, John W. Yerkes, Class of 1873, and his granddaughter, Amelia Yerkes, Class of 1901, all past members of the Centre board of trustees). Housing primarily for first-year women.
For More Information: