Pearl Hall Construction Update
Following is a thumb-nail sketch of where the project stands at present:
• The official ground-breaking ceremony took place April 13, 2007.
• It has now been determined that the facility should earn LEED certification for its environment-friendly design and construction.
• Earlier this week more than 350 students filled out opinion cards regarding samples of furniture for rooms and suite lounges that were on display in the Nichols Dining Room in Cowan. Furniture selection is still in process.
• Construction will begin right after commencement; the facility is projected to be complete for occupancy late-Aug. 2008.
• One of the first construction activities will be the drilling of wells that use the constant temperature of the earth to provide energy-efficient geothermal heating and cooling.