Pearl Fact: work is progressing well and we are optimistic that the facility will be completed in August as planned.
The following items were completed or
in progress at the end of April:
• Metal stud framing, painting, mechanical and electrical rough-in, drywall installation, and ceiling grid installation at 1st floor
• Damp proofing of concrete masonry unit (CMU) walls
• Exterior masonry installation
• Interior stairs installation
• Metal stud framing, drywall installation, and electrical and mechanical rough-in at 2nd floor
• Roof installation
• Pipe and duct insulation
• Double-hung window installation
• Drywall installation, painting, ceiling grid installation, lighting installation, plumbing fixtures, millwork, and porcelain tile installation at ground floor
• Storm sewer installation
• Fire caulking at corridor walls
• Trusses at tower
• Standing seam roofing
• Purging and filling exterior geothermal loop system
• Install electrical transformer
Pearl Hall Information
• Campus constituents and Hastings & Chivetta architects and interior designer met recently to begin looking at color schemes, fabrics, and surfaces. These various items are being examined on campus to evaluate durability and maintenance. The next meeting will be held in early June.
• Following Commencement, Sodexho will begin preparing kitchen equipment to be moved to Chowan, the temporary dining facility, and then the demolition of Cowan and the construction of the Campus Center will begin in the early part of the summer.
Campus Center and Chowan information
•It is estimated the 75 percent of major construction is complete.
• The concrete floor has been poured.
• The roof will be installed in the next few days barring rain delay.
• Workers are still hustling to make up time because of rain delays earlier in the spring, but June 1 is still the deadline and everyone is working with intensity and intention to have the facility completed on or near this date.