• Excavation on the Campus Center basement continues.
• Drilling for the new piers has begun.
• Work continues on the building interiors, including surfaces, fabrics and furniture.
• College representatives will be meeting with Hastings & Chivetta architects on August 6 to continue work on the project.
Campus Center information: http://www.centre.edu/CampusCenter/
(temporary dining facility)
Chowan opened its doors for business on Friday, June 20. Click here for more.
• The plans for the new science hall continue to move forward. Hastings & Chivetta continue to refine the plans; the committee has not met since July's construction update.
• Several of the committee members will be meeting with Hastings & Chivetta on August 6.
for the Arts
• Taliesen architect Pat Fletcher spent two days on campus in mid-July working with local architect Jeffrey Stivers and various engineers.
• Plans for doubling the size of the women's restroom and moving the Norton Center offices to the northwest part of the foyer are now much more complete.
• The exact location of the new elevator for the lobby is still being discussed.
• The Norton Center advisory committee met on July 30 to discuss the refurbishing of Weisiger Theatre.