• Pearl Hall has been certified LEED GOLD for its environmentally friendly design and construction. This is Kentucky's first LEED GOLD award and the highest LEED rating for any residential facility in the state.
• Several College representatives, architects, and engineers met recently to monitor LEED certification for the Campus Center.
• Exterior masonry continues and should be completed in the next month.
• Interior painting, ceramic tile installation, and installation of hand railings has begun.
• Skylight and window installation should begin in the next two weeks.
Campus Center information:
• Construction has begun on the new science addition. As a result, the east side (facing Crounse) is now the main entry (with the rest of the building being enclosed by a construction fence), and Colonel Drive is now closed.
• It’s clear from both the construction fence and the sometimes noisy activity on site that we have officially entered the necessary time of temporary inconvenience before we begin reaping the incredible long-range benefits of this project.
• On April 1, an Eco-Charette was held in order to examine the ways in which the project is following “green” building practices.
• The project is firmly on track to attain our goal of LEED certification.
for the Arts
• The grand foyer of the Norton Center will be closed for renovation beginning April 28, the day after the last Norton Center show.
• Newlin Hall itself will remain open for the Press Distinguished Lecture on May 7, other planned events and Commencement.
• The refurbishing in Weisiger Theatre is scheduled to be completed by the beginning of the Governor’s Scholars Program this summer.