Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
With the Campus Center, the Norton Center refurbishment, and the football field/track renovation complete, attention turns to the remarkable progress being made on Young Hall. With the completion of the three major projects noted above, the Construction Update will move from monthly distribution to every two months.
Read on for further details.
To go to the Campus Construction page, click the following link:
If you have difficulty viewing this e-mail or its images, please briefly describe the
problem in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The addition to Young Hall is completely under roof and fully enclosed.
• All the exterior windows have been installed and the inside has temporary heat.
• Progress on the interior should now be able to proceed without weather considerations.
• Most of the interior walls are studded, and much of the conduit for electric and data wiring is already in place.
• The brick and stone work on the outside continues at an amazing pace.
• The east side masonry work is virtually complete. Crews are now proceeding on the North face.
• Work on the interior of existing Young will resume in earnest over the holiday break. Much of the new duct work in the existing laboratories will be installed before classes resume in January.
• The plan right now continues to be that we occupy the new portion of the building just after graduation in the spring of 2010 as access to the existing building becomes restricted.