• 1st and 2nd floor drywall installation and painting continue throughout the next month.
• Porcelain tile is being installed in various areas on the 1st floor.
Exterior window installation should be completed soon, and then window trim installation will begin.
• The ceiling grid on the 1st and 2nd floor is being installed.
• Refrigeration lines for the kitchen are being installed.
• Some of the 1st floor lighting is being installed.
• Steps are still being taken to establish LEED certification.
Campus Center information: Young Hall
• Work has begun in earnest in existing Young Hall in preparation for the connections with the new building.
• The west-side offices and lab spaces have been emptied and gutted.
• Dropped ceilings in all the common areas and hallways have been removed in preparation for installation of new mechanical systems and wiring.
• The animal-care facilities in the basement are currently undergoing extensive renovation.
• Preliminary work on the foundation for the new building will begin in the next 2-3 weeks.
• Work in Weisiger Theatre is proceeding apace and should be completed by the end of this month.
• The old bench seating has been removed, an epoxy paint has been applied for the flooring underneath the seats, the walls have been painted, and the metal soffits that hindered proper light have been removed.
• Work has also begun in Newlin Hall, which is scheduled to be completed in October.
• In the Grand Foyer, the construction of the two-level office space in the northwest corner and extending the restrooms is well underway.
Farris Stadium, Gary Wright Field
• At the football field project, the discharge drainage line is near completion.
• The onsite demolition is complete, the site was stripped and the old scoreboard was donated Russellville High School.
• The sub-surface grading is well under way.
• At the baseball field project, the site has been stripped, and the rough laser grade is complete.
• Irrigation is scheduled to be installed next week, followed by finish-laser grading.