• The masonry work continues on the exterior of the building, and it should be complete later this month.
• Sheet rock is completely installed on the 2nd floor and should be completed in the 1st floor this month.
• Painting throughout the building continues throughout the next month.
• The elevators should be installed within the next month.
• Meetings continue with the landscape architect, and plans should be finalized within the next few weeks.
• The facility is scheduled to open in October of 2009.
Campus Center information:
• Work on the storm and sanitary drainage system is nearing completion, and the installation of new water-supply lines for the fire alarm sprinkler system is beginning.
• The carpet in the northern part of the foyer has been taken up, and workmen have constructed a plastic barrier in front of the area where double-decker new offices for the Norton Center staff are now being constructed.
• Newlin Hall will remain opened until after Commencement.
• Renovation work in Weisiger is well underway. All of the seats have been removed and the carpet has been taken up.
• The football field/running track is currently off limits this summer while a renovation of the football field and track occurs.
• The football field will be covered with a synthetic surface and will be a state-of-the-art playing field; top soil has been removed this week.
• The track will be covered with a polyurethane surface.
• Completion time for these two projects is estimated at mid-August 2009.
Gary Wright Field
• The baseball field will also be renovated with a new grass surface this summer; commencement of this project is a bit behind schedule due to weather issues; renovation is set to begin next week.