• Remarkable progress is taking place on Young Hall. The foundation work is complete, and the outside of the building is beginning to take shape.
• The beams, rafters, and outside walls continue to appear at an astonishing rate.
• The inside of existing Young Hall has been put back together and cleaned up for the start of the new academic year.
• Faculty members will all more fully understand what it means to conduct classes adjacent to an active construction zone as the fall term unfolds.
• Lighting in the building is functional, and fixtures are being installed throughout the 1st floor.
• Carpet installation has begun on the 2nd floor, and it should be complete in the next week.
• Site paving, including exterior concrete and bricks, is being installed. The patio should be complete in the next week.
• The 2nd floor is entirely painted and the 1st floor continues to get touch-ups.
• The kitchen equipment is installed, and it was successfully tested last week.
• The Campus Center is still on track to be LEED certified.
• The first meal in the Cowan Dining Commons in the Campus Center will be dinner service on Sunday, October 18th.
• The Norton Center is on or ahead of schedule.
• The two remaining tasks in Weisiger Theatre—repainting the stage and hanging the sound curtain in the rear—will be completed soon.
• The NC staff has moved into its new offices in the Grand Foyer, and their old offices have been repopulated by the Education Program and other faculty.
• The women’s bathroom in the Grand Foyer, now doubled in size, has just been completed.
• New carpet for the lobby has been laid, which completes the lobby part of the project.
• The elevator from the foyer to the ground floor of Newlin Hall is installed.
• The only major project remaining is the installation of the new seats in Newlin. They should arrive around the middle of September and be installed by the end of the month.
• The football field is nearly complete. The crews are currently doing some finishing touches and cleaning up.
• The track renovation should be complete by the middle of September.
Gary Wright Field
• The baseball field construction is complete. That crew is doing finishing touches and cleaning up.
• Interested parties are now waiting for grass seed to grow in and freshly laid sod to take hold.