Consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 colleges and universities, Centre College is selective, residential, and steeped in history and tradition.
- Founded in 1819 and located in Danville, Ky.
- 2012-2013 enrollment: 1,340.
- 44 states, 9 countries represented.
- 98 percent of Centre students live on the College’s 162-acre campus.
- 11:1: Student to Faculty ratio.
- #5: Best Undergraduate Teaching. U.S. News & World Report.
- #31: Best Schools, Best Values, U.S. News & World Report.
- #52: National Liberal Arts Colleges, U.S. News & World Report.
- #60: America's Top Colleges, Forbes.
- 62 percent of students receive need-based financial aid.
- 83.5 percent of students graduate in four years.
- 85 percent of students study abroad at least once. (Nationally, about 2 percent of undergraduates study abroad.)
- About 40 percent of the student body competes on one of the College’s 23 NCAA Division III athletic teams.
- About 85 percent of students participate in some kind of volunteer service on a regular basis.
- Famous alumni include—but are not limited to—U.S. Supreme Court Justices Fred Vinson and John Marshall Harlan, U.S. Vice Presidents John C. Breckenridge and Adlai Stevenson, and bourbon industry icon Julian “Pappy” Van Winkle.