|Centrepiece Online: Photo Guidelines|
We love photographs of alumni. We accept digital photos and traditional print photos. To submit a digital photo or a photo that you have scanned, please check the guidelines below
If you would like a print photo returned, please dont forget to include a stamped, addressed envelope.
Where to Send Photos
Mail photos to:
600 W. Walnut St.
Danville, KY 40422
E-mail photos to: email@example.com
1. In order to run in the Centrepiece, digital photos must be a minimum resolution of 300 DPI when sized to about 4" by 4".
2. Lower-resolution photographs may look sharp on your computer screen but will NOT work in the magazine. Photos taken at lower resolutions and increased to 300 DPI in an image-manipulation program will NOT give good results. In other words, you cannot shoot a digital photograph at 72 DPI (or 150 or 180) and inflate it to 300 DPI using Photoshops Image Size option and expect good results.
3. Please save the photo as a JPEG file. A TIFF file is also acceptable.
4. Be sure to include YOUR NAME in the file name. Its hard to identify a photo if all we have are numbers.
General Photo Guidelines
1. Photos that are out of focus will look even worse in the magazine (or online)
2. Outdoor photos tend to have better lighting than inside photos (and will avoid those demon red eyes).
3. Photos of people eating tend to be unflattering.
4. Baby photos must include at least one alumni relative.
5. Photos with a copyright notice on the back (especially wedding photos) must have the photographers permission for us to reprint in the Centrepiece.
6. Please identify everyone in the photo.