Contact Information and Procedures
Emergency Phone Numbers (Help Line)
- On campus:
- Off campus:
- (859) 236-4357 (236-HELP)
Danville Police Department
- On campus and local:
- Off campus:
- (859) 238-1220
On-Campus Emergency Response Procedures
- Upon discovering a potential emergency situation, as soon as feasible/practical, call the campus help line (4357) from a safe location.
- Give the Centre Public Safety officer as much information as possible regarding the emergency.
If off-campus callers fail to get in touch with a student through normal channels, they may call Public Safety at (859) 236-4357. During an emergency, it is best to use the telephone—only as needed. Overuse during an emergency can cause circuits to overload, adding to the difficulty.
Campus Phone Numbers
- College Switchboard
- (859) 238-5200
- Dean of Students (Randy Hays)
- (859) 238-5471
- Director of Public Safety (Gary Bugg)
- (859) 238-5535 or
- (Kevin Milby)
- (859) 238-5534
- Director of Parent Programs (Mona Wyatt)
- (859) 238-5345
- Director of Communications (Michael Strysick)
- (859) 238-5710
- College Chaplain (Rick Axtell)
- (859) 238-5342
- Director of Counseling (Kathy Miles)
- (859) 238-5740
Forms of Emergency Communication
Updates to the Centre Web site are a primary source of off-campus information during an emergency.
Other Forms of Communication
- reverse 911—cell phone voice and text messages
- sound and text display units in classrooms and public areas
- portable bullhorns
- campus tv station
- phone trees (organized group calling)
Detailed Crisis Response Plan
In consultation and cooperation with local and state authorities, the College has developed and maintains a detailed crisis response plan. In the event of an emergency, information specific to that particular situation will be posted on the Centre Web site and conveyed through a variety of additional communication channels.
Crisis Communications Checklist