All full-time students enrolled at Centre for the full academic year are required to earn a total of 12 convocation credits.
To receive convocation credit, each student must have their ID card swiped, be seated before the program begins, remain present throughout the full program, and swipe their own ID card immediately following the event.
For the entire convocation policy, refer to the Student Handbook. Students may access their convocation attendance record at anytime through CentreNet. If you have questions, please contact Megan Noltemeyer at 238-5341 or email@example.com.
Please note that seating may be limited for some events. It is wise to arrive early to all convocations to ensure that your ID card is swiped and you have a seat. If all seats are taken, students will not be allowed to enter the convocation event.
• Evans Lively Room — Old Carnegie (90)
• Gravely Hall — Danville High School (660)
• Newlin Hall — Norton Center (orchestra 250; grand tier 1180)
• Vahlkamp Theatre — Crounse Hall (170)
• Weisiger Theatre — Norton Center (350)
• Young Hall Auditorium [Room 113] — Young Hall (188)
[* Events that have an admission charge to the public are marked with an asterisk. Students are not charged for these convos. *]
CLICK ON CONVO TITLES BELOW TO VIEW DETAILS OF EACH EVENT.
- [CONVO]* — Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre - 03/11/2014 - 7:30 pm
- [CONVO] — Two Education Paradigms: What Defines & How to Create a World Class Education - 03/12/2014 - 7:00 pm
- [CONVO]* — Pablo Ziegler Quartet & Stefon Harris: Tango Meets Jazz - 03/15/2014 - 8:00 pm
- [CONVO] — A Thousand Different Threads: How the Humanities Can Strengthen the Weave of Environmental Studies - 03/18/2014 - 7:00 pm
- [CONVO] — SGA Debate - 03/19/2014 - 8:00 pm
- [CONVO] — The Forest Unseen: Reflections on Science, Literature, and Contemplative Practice - 04/01/2014 - 7:30 pm
- [CONVO] — The Swans are Still at the Lake: Looking Backward-Looking Forward in North American Buddhism - 04/02/2014 - 7:30 pm
- [CONVO]* — Dublin Guitar Quartet - 04/02/2014 - 7:30 pm
- [CONVO] — Drug Trafficking on the U.S. Border: A Case Study in Leadership & Ethics - 04/03/2014 - 7:00 pm
- [CONVO]* — Motionhouse • Scattered: A Meteor Shower of Unlikely Moments - 04/04/2014 - 8:00 pm
- [CONVO] — A Conversation with Bay Buchanan - 04/10/2014 - 8:00 pm
- [CONVO] — "Something Wicked this Way Comes": Tony Haigh & Russ McDonald on MacBeth - 04/15/2014 - 11:15 am
- [CONVO] — Playing with Art and Science: Origami, Glass, and Mathematics - 04/15/2014 - 7:30 pm
- [CONVO] — Bobby McFerrin: spiritYOUall - 04/17/2014 - 11:30 am
- [CONVO] — The Planet Within: Caves from Earth to Mars and Beyond - 04/17/2014 - 8:00 pm
- [CONVO] — Appalatin • Latin and American Folk Traditions - 04/18/2014 - 7:30 pm
- [CONVO] — The Institutionalization of Agrarian Thought through Policy, Education and Land Use Reforms - 04/22/2014 - 7:30 pm
- [CONVO]* — MacBeth - 04/23/2014 - 04/26/2014 - 8:00 pm
- [CONVO] — John C. Young Scholars Symposium - 04/26/2014 - 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
- [CONVO] — Orchestra Concerto Concert - 04/27/2014 - 4:00 pm