All full-time students enrolled at Centre for the full academic year are required to earn a total of 12 convocation credits.
To receive convocation credit, each student must have their ID card swiped, be seated before the program begins, remain present throughout the full program, and swipe their own ID card immediately following the event.
For the entire convocation policy, refer to the Student Handbook. Students may access their convocation attendance record at anytime through CentreNet.
If you have questions, please contact Megan Noltemeyer at 238-5341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that seating may be limited for some events. It is wise to arrive early to all convocations to ensure that your ID card is swiped and you have a seat. If all seats are taken, students will not be allowed to enter the convocation event.
• Chowan Multipurpose Bldg. (200)
• Evans Lively Room — Old Carnegie (90)
• Gravely Hall — Danville High School (660)
• Newlin Hall — Norton Center (orchestra 250; grand tier 1180)
• Vahlkamp Theatre — Crounse Hall (170)
• Weisiger Theatre — Norton Center (350)
• Young Hall Auditorium [Room 113] — Young Hall (188)
CLICK ON CONVO TITLES BELOW TO VIEW DETAILS OF EACH EVENT.
[* Events that have an admission charge to the public are marked with an asterisk. Students are not charged for these convos. *]
- *CONVO: Jessica Lang Dance - 01/20/2018 - 8:00 pm
- CONVO: War and the Human Condition Through Art - 02/08/2018 - 11:30 am
- *CONVO: The American String Quartet - 02/09/2018 - 8:00 pm
- CONVO: Not Just A Service Movement - 02/13/2018 - 7:00 pm
- CONVO: Racism and Identity on Campuses - 02/20/2018 - 11:30 am
- CONVO: Gallery Talk - Americans Who Tell the Truth - 02/20/2018 - 7:00 pm
- *CONVO: Las Cafeteras and Orkesta Mendoza - 02/21/2018 - 7:30 pm
- CONVO: Archaeology and New Technologies - 02/22/2018 - 7:30 pm
- CONVO: China, North Korea, and the Nuclear Crisis - 02/26/2018 - 7:30 pm
- CONVO: Kai Roberts - Mental Health through Music - 02/28/2018 - 7:00 pm
- CONVO: Spring Dance Concert - 05/03/2018 - 8:00 pm