Centre RICE Symposium: April 11-12, 2013
Call for Student Presenters
• Submission Deadline is Friday, March 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
• Submission Deadline for studio artists is Friday,
March 15, 2013.
Dean Stephanie Fabritius and Associate Dean Beth Glazier-McDonald invite students in ALL DISCIPLINES in ALL CLASS YEARS to present recent academic work, including research projects, internship experiences, and creative endeavors at the Sixth Annual Centre RICE Symposium on
April 11-12, 2013.
The symposium schedule events will be as follows:
- Thursday, April 11th (2 p.m. — 6:30 p.m.)
[Oral and Poster Presentations]
- Friday, April 12th (4 p.m. — 5 p.m.)
Students will have the opportunity to either:
(1) give a 12-minute presentation on their work in a paper session with 3 or 4 other student presenters,
(2) design a poster describing their work for display in the poster session, or
(3) display their creative work in a gallery or give a performance in a studio setting.
The Symposium will take place on campus on April 11-12. We will have a truncated class schedule on April 11, with all classes meeting for 70 minutes each (instead of 90 minutes) and all classes ending by 1:00 p.m. Students are encouraged to attend panel sessions, poster sessions, and creative works displays as soon as their classes end that day.
For more information, click here.
Please direct any questions about the symposium to Dr. Benjamin Knoll at email@example.com or Dr. Jason Neiser at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about submitting works of art, please contact Professor Judith Jia at email@example.com.