Brown Fellows Program
In partnership with the James Graham Brown Foundation, Centre launched the Brown Fellows Program in 2009. The initiative is the premier scholarship and enrichment program in Kentucky and is one of the nation’s elite fellowship programs.
Centre is the only private college in Kentucky selected for a Brown Fellows Program. The foundation has also initiated a Brown Fellows Program at the University of Louisville.
The program was established as an individualized course of development in which outstanding students build leadership skills through independent study, community service, and experiential learning.
The Scholarship and Enrichment Program
Brown Fellows are awarded “full-ride-plus” scholarships and are provided four summer enrichment experiences, beginning the summer before their first year at Centre. Summer enrichment experiences in subsequent years will be organized around themes of service, research, international study, and leadership. The scholarship and enrichment program includes:
- Full tuition
- Room and board
- Summer enrichment programs, which allow students to focus on their areas of interest
- On-campus program mentors
- Field-based experimental learning opportunities
- Customized Leadership Projects that span the student's collegiate career
Competition for the Brown Fellows Program is strong. Competitive applicants should demonstrate:
- Academic success at the highest level
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition
- Concern for their community and the world
- The social and leadership skills to accomplish their goals
Finalists typically have the following academic credentials:
- The most difficult curriculum available at their respective high schools
- Average unweighted academic GPA of 3.95
- ACT scores ranged from 32 to 35
- SAT critical reading and math scores ranged from 1360 to 1560
- Graduated at or very near the top of their high school class.
How to Apply
To be considered for the Brown Fellows Program you must:
- Apply to Centre College by January 15.
- Finalists will be invited to submit a written project proposal in mid-February and attend an interview weekend on campus in March.
For more information about this and other scholarships at Centre, visit the Centre Scholarships page.
Financial Aid Info
- About the Need-Based Aid
- Cost/Comprehensive Fee
- Federal Plus Loan
- Federal Stafford Loan
- Financial Aid Brochure (PDF)
- Financial Aid Glossary
- Forms for Download
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Helpful Links
- How to Apply for Aid
- Important Dates/Timetable
- Payment Plan and Other Loans
- Understanding Aid Awards
- Why Centre is a Good Value
- Brown Fellows Program
- Centre Fellows Program
- Legacy Award
- Merit Scholarships
- Renewal Requirements
- Reserve Officers Training
- Special Scholarships
- State-based Match Scholarships