NEW AND NOTEWORTHY
A ‘Best Value’ College
Striving for Low Costs and High Quality
By James Barnard, Associate Director of Annual Giving | February 8, 2012
The Princeton Review recently released its annual list of ‘best value schools’ and of course, Centre was included.
But a Centre education certainly isn’t cheap, so what makes it a best value?
Tuition only covers 75% of the cost of educating
a student - the remainder of which is funded
by endowment spending and private gifts.
You probably have several answers of your own to this question, but President John Roush summed it up pretty well when he was quoted in US News commenting on the best value list.
“The key issue is whether institutions can keep costs down while raising the quality of their education.”
This is one of our fundamental guiding principles at Centre – striving to provide a transformational, world-class education at the lowest possible price. To do this, we we create our educational product - the Centre Experience - and ask our students to cover only 75% of the actual cost. The remaining 25% of our operating budget is made up from endowment spending and other private gifts – including your gifts to the Centre Fund.
Over 85% of Centre students receive institutional aid, including 60% of students receiving need-based financial aid. This means that the Centre Experience is accessible to all students regardless of their background.
Donors who give to the Centre Fund are helping to keep Centre a ‘best value’ school and in doing so are meaningfully supporting our guiding principles. Please consider making a gift online today in support of a good value education.