Best, worst, favorite list
1. BEST MEMORY OF MY 1st YEAR: Re-establishing
an old fraternity. Being a member of a group of founding fathers is a unique
experience I'll never forget.
2. WORST MEMORY OF MY 1st YEAR: Missing my connection flight after winter break because
the plane of my first flight ran over a truck.
3. FAVORITE FOOD AT COWAN: Grilled-cheese.
THAT I CAN’T RECOMMEND AT COWAN: Anything that's on the Saturday menu.
5. FAVORITE CLASS TAKEN DURING MY 1st YEAR: German, because it didn't feel
like a class.
6. FAVORITE SPOT ON CAMPUS: The Campus Center.
THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME AS A
FRESHMAN: Meeting two people who can speak some Dutch.
8. FAVORITE THING ON CAMPUS: The Old Centre swing.
9. BEST OFF-CAMPUS PLACE TO TAKE VISITORS: The rural area surrounding
10. FAVORITE EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY: Late night
11. SONG THAT I’VE DISCOVERED THIS YEAR: Don't
Stop Believin' by Journey. Never heard it before I came to Centre.
12. BEST ADVICE FOR FRESHMEN: If
you pay attention in class and do your work, you'll get the grades you want.
13. MOST INTERESTING THING THAT I’VE LEARNED IN THE
CLASSROOM: How an economics class, despite its status as a science, can change
from two different cultures.
14. MOST INTERESTING THING THAT I’VE LEARNED OUTSIDE
THE CLASSROOM: Be prepared for any type of weather in Kentucky.
15. BOOK THAT I REALLY ENJOYED THIS YEAR: Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child. Recommended
by a Centre professor.
16. FACULTY MEMBER THAT I’D LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT
TO: My academic advisor and German professor, Ian Wilson.
17. ONE THING THAT I LEARNED ABOUT MYSELF THIS 1ST YEAR: How surprisingly fast my English improved.
18. FAVORITE RESTAURANT AROUND TOWN: Sutton's—too
bad it closed down at the beginning of spring term.
19. FAVORITE EDUCATIONAL CONVO THAT I ATTENDED: Big
Bone Lick. Although the story about it was pretty anticlimactic.