I'm no stranger to being away from home; I grew up going to week-long
camps, and graduated into spending at least a month every summer away from
home. Long term, this may help me adjust to “leaving the nest,” but right now
it’s having the opposite effect—my stay here feels temporary, just like
1. Out-of-tune church bells.
2. My water boiler, peppermint tea, and apples.
3. “My” treadmill—the one on the far right in the gym.
4. The woody “warehouse” smell of rainy days.
5. The shower on the right side of the bathroom—I get so excited when it's free!
6. No-bake brownie Wednesdays.
7. Empty laundry rooms—there's nothing as wonderful as seeing a parade of $1.25 readouts on the empty machines!
8. Spontaneous movie night—with a chick flick, chocolate, PJs, and friends.
9. The “vampire of math confusion” (math study joke).
10. "92.9—The Bear." The best country music station, akin to comfort food, without the calories!