Chenoa, Kentucky (my P.O. Box is in Frakes...that's where I usually say I live). I'm 30 minutes from the nearest stop light...if I drive safely...and most likely, you would get carsick on the way to my house.
My dad, Chuck, is a sophomore biology teacher at Bell County High School. My mom Pam is a librarian at the Bell County/Middlesboro Public Library. My brother, Nate, is a senior at Centre. My black mutt dog, Zack, enjoys making himself comfortable in the piles of clothes on my floor. I have two cats, Donovan...he's black and white and has pretty green eyes, and Mo...he's orange and white and is named for his toes—he has six, one mo' than all the other cats have.
3) High School:
Bell County High School
4) Extracurricular activities:
Cross Country, Softball, Student Council, Science Olympiad, Future Problem Solvers, National Honors Society....this is all I'm naming. I was involved in more than I could handle.
5) High school career highlight:
Junior Year 2005—our cross country team winning the state meet.
6) Favorite past "My CENTRE Lifer":
I like Clayton. I like the fact that he really doesn't give a detailed description of himself in his autobiography. I also like that I went to Europe with his roommate after my sophomore year of high school. My favorite part, though, was the caption to one of his pictures, "Yet another library dance party/study session", considering the circumstances (maybe you know the story). This made me giggle just a little.
7) The thing you are most looking forward to about Centre:
Getting to hang out with my brother again. I've missed him the past three years.
8) Your greatest apprehension about college:
This is a toughie...I'm really nervous about college cross country, and about the work load...and chemistry...I HATE chemistry.
9) The way your parents feel about you moving out:
I think they are going to be lonely, but I'm not really sure. I avoid that subject as much as I can.
10) Intended major(s):
Biology as of now.
11) If you could bring one performer/group to the Norton Center for the Arts, it would be:
James Taylor. I would absolutely love to hear James Taylor sing in person.
12) Worst movie ever:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning. I think I might have thrown up a little.
13) Most memorable trip/vacation:
Definitely Europe with Middlesboro High School.
14) Favorite smell:
Vanilla...or Curve cologne.
15) Person you most admire:
I really don't know. I really admire my grandparents, and my parents.
16) Person (living or dead) you'd most like to meet:
17) If stranded on a deserted island, what would be the one non-survival item you'd want with you?
I'm a sucker for stuffed animals. I sleep with one every night. So I would have to say my new bear, Cuppy.
18) If you had thought of it first, the invention do wish you could have been credited with:
The radio. I don't understand how radios work, and I would love to.
19) Describe yourself in a haiku:
Laugh until I cry.
Live and let it be.
20) Why did you choose Centre?
It felt like home every time I went there. I knew it was the place to be.