20 Questions with Payroll and Benefits Coordinator Meredith Sizemore
December 6, 2012
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator.
2. Where did you grow up (and describe the place in one phrase or sentence)?
A quaint little place in Harrodsburg, Ky., called Dixville.
3. What are your hobbies?
At this point in my life it’s running my daughter all over the place with sports and school activities! When not doing that I love to travel, read, watch good movies and spend time with friends and family.
4. What is your dream vacation?
Australia for several weeks.
5. Favorite artist and/or work of art?
Hazel Gilliland’s (my great-grandmother) hand painted china—I have TONS of it in my home. She was an extremely gifted painter!
6. Favorite novel or poem?
“The Twilight Saga”—I know, I’m a geek!
7. Favorite sport (to watch or play)?
College basketball to watch—go Cats!—and tennis to play; I played for Cumberland College 1997-2000.
8. Favorite TV show?
“Vampire Diaries”—seems I have a theme going on!
9. Favorite album?
“Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves” soundtrack.
10. Favorite holiday?
11. Favorite food?
12. Most prized possession?
Several quilts my mom made.
13. Three people, living or deceased, whom you’d invite to the same dinner party?
My great-grandmother, Pearlie Claunch; my grandmother, Juanita Gilliland; and my mom, Janet Gilliland—all deceased—but would love to have them together to get advice and ask all the questions I never asked while I had them here with me.
14. Favorite aspect of your job?
Having the opportunity to interact with every employee and department on campus at one time or another.
15. Most memorable experience of your youth?
Clogging every Tuesday night with my grandmother from age six to age 14.
16. What would you be doing if you weren’t working at Centre?
Working in some other HR or Finance Office.
17. Educational experience that's been most helpful to you?
Speech and drama classes that helped me with public speaking and good communication skills—although the amount of algebra that I use on a daily basis shocks me sometimes. My math teachers/professors would be proud!
18. Fictional character in whose shoes you’d love to spend a day?
Elizabeth Bennet from Jane Austen’s book “Pride and Prejudice.”
19. Favorite place on campus (and why)?
Cowan on Wednesday’s for no-bake cookies.
20. Advice you'd give to a first-year college student to make success more likely?
Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing and just focus on you, what you want in life and how best to make that happen!
Have comments, suggestions, or story ideas? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback.
Centre College, founded in 1819, is a nationally ranked liberal arts college in Danville, Ky. Centre hosted its second Vice Presidential Debate on 10.11.12, and remains the smallest college in the smallest town ever to host a general election debate. For more, click here.