Photo of the Week
Beside the Still Waters
Elizabeth Berryman ’12 captured this picture at the prayer lake at Songzanlin Monastery in Shangri-La, China. “I spent three weeks in Shangri-La in July teaching English at a summer camp for middle and high school kids,” Berryman says. “The proceeds from the camp go to finance scholarships for children that live in the outlying Tibetan villages to go to school because, in China, parents must pay for their children to attend school after sixth grade.” The boy in the photo—whose English name is Josh—is one of the village children benefiting from the program. Shangri-La, in the Himalayan Mountains, has a diverse population, with 80 percent Tibetan and the other 20 percent made up of Chinese minority groups.
Photo submitted by Elizabeth Berryman ’12.
To submit a photo for consideration on this page, e-mail Elizabeth Trollinger with “POW” as the subject, or send a photograph through campus mail to her attention. Be sure to identify the people, location, and event. Any photos relating to the Centre experience, whether taken on campus or off campus, may be submitted. And remember, the more dynamic and original the shot, the better. If you're sending a digital photo, be sure to send the picture at the highest resolution possible.
To submit a video for consideration on this page, send a CD with your video in Quicktime format to Leigh Cocanougher through campus mail. The video must be between 30 and 60 seconds at the highest resolution possible, and can either be raw footage or edited. Remember, the more interesting the clip, the better.
Photos and videos submitted may be used elsewhere on the College’s Web site, in publications, or in other Centre communications.