Date Built: ca. 1902, last renovated in 1994
Named For: Leslie L. Combs II, Class of 1925
Current Use: student center, with the Grille, meeting and party space, and offices for student organizations
Affectionately known as the Warehouse, the Combs Center was converted from a turn-of-the-century hemp warehouse into a distinctive student center. It's part of a historic district listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
The building features natural lighting, an open three-story staircase, and exposed interior brick. The first floor has a pool table, fooseball, darts, big screen TVs, a movie screen, and a main stage area for bands and dances. The second floor contains an internet center, the Grille and an eating area, while the third floor has office, work, and meeting space for student organizations.
A new campus center will be completed in 2010.