Date Built: ca. 1842-50, renovated in 1992
Named For: Lorette and John H. Horky, Class of 1932
Current Use: offices of admission and student financial planning
Horky House was a private residence until Centre acquired it for admissions. It was built by Robert Russel Jr., the local master builder who also built Old Centre, the first building of the College. It was locally known as the Russel-Thomas House, for Russel and Jo Thomas, a transportation magnate, who lived in the house from 1859-88. The building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.