- While the 1906 Centre yearbook hints that the game had been played as an intercollegiate sport at Centre since the mid-1880's, the first written record ofa baseball team at Centre College is dated to 1896
- Began during the 1905/06 school year
- Cross County
- First added as an intercollegiate sport in the fall of 1965
- Centre's first football game was played against Transylvania University on April 9, 1880. The two schools played two games that year, but Centre didn't field another team until the 1891 season. No games were played in 1943, 1944, and 1945 due to World War II.
- When the Centre College soccer team was approved for varisty status in 1972, it was agreed that it would be a coeducational team and include both men and women. By the early 1980's the team had become men only.
- Wrestling first began as an intercollegiate sport at Centre College in the 1968-69 season. Prior to the 1975-76 year, Centre decided to drop wrestling in favor of soccer.
- Cross Country
- While women had run on Centre's cross country teams in the past, 1984 was the first year Centre fielded a separate women's coss country team.
- Field Hockey
- In 1960 field hockey became one of the first intercollegiate sports for women at Centre.
- Women's golf was added in the fall of 1994, giving Centre an equal number of men and women's sports teams for the first time in its history.
- Women's soccer officially became a varsity sport in 1991.
- A slow-pitch softball club was organized at Centre in 1977, and in 1978 the team was elevated to varsity status. In 1989 the team was discontinued. Centre College sponsored a fast-pitch softball club in 1996-97. In 1997-98 fast-pitch softball was approved for varsity status.