The histories of Centre's main buildings appear in separate entries. Several other buildings on campus have served their purpose and disappeared, leaving only fragmentary evidence of their existence. What little we know is surveyed here.
In 1825 the Board of Trustees authorized the building of twelve dormitories, and the purchase of one double bedstead and one table for each "cottage". Three years later the Trustees approved making a pavement of flagstones in front of the dormitories. At the same meeting they also mention building a springhouse for the Refectory, probably located at the small spring in front of Old Centre. The dormitories were torn down by 1846.
In 1889 the Trustees approved the removal of "the old frame house" which stood on the northwest corner of the Old Campus, near today's Wiseman Hall.
In 1892 the Trustees instructed the Committee on Repairs to remove the small brick building behind Old Centre, which had "long been a nuisance to the neighborhood." The Trustees then instructed the Committee "to erect a suitable building in a convenient place to answer the purpose of the one removed." This may have been the privy for Old Centre.
Three Quonsett huts, given to the college in 1947 by the Federal Public Housing Authority, were located on the corner of Russell and Beatty Street. They were used as maintenance and supply buildings until their removal in the 1990's.