In 1912 the college completed improvements to its athletic field through the bequest of Logan McKee Cheek. The field was located behind Old Main, and comprised what is today the baseball field. Both baseball and football games were played on Cheek Field until the construction of Ferris Stadium in 1923. Cheek was the son of long-time Centre trustee and treasurer John A. Cheek, and a ______ graduate of the college. In his memory the field was named the Logan McKee Cheek Athletic Field.