Originally built by Thomas Coggeshall Nichols, ca. 1845-46. Nichols graduated from Centre in 1828, and was a professor of Latin and Greek at the college from 1835 to 1846. In 1854 the property was sold to Willis Grimes, and then to Speed Fry in 1865. The house and property were conveyed to Centre College in _______. From 1946 to 1962, the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity used the house as their chapter home. Thereafter used for storage, the structure was demolished in 1969.