Date Built: 1940; renovated 1962 and 1997
Named For: James Clark McReynolds, a native of Elkton, Ky. McReynolds was a U.S. Supreme Court Justice (1914-41) and a supporter of Centre College.
Current Use: Offices of Information Technology Services, student residence hall
Opened in the fall of 1940 as the Centre Dining Hall, the building was renamed McReynolds Hall in 1946 following the death of Judge McReynolds. The second floor was first used as a men's residence hall and the first as the college's dining hall until completion of Cowan Dining Hall in 1962. The first floor was then converted to a student's health center and infirmary through a gift by Dr. Charles H. Parsons, Class of 1916, and named the Parson's Health Center. In 1997 the health center was relocated, and the first floor renovated to house Information Technology Services.