Young Memorial Science Hall
Dedication: January 8, 1909
Size: 25,000 square feet
Young Memorial Science Hall, more commonly known as Old Young, was built in 1909 and completely renovated in 1935. The three story-story brick structure served as the college's science building until the new Young Hall was completed in 1970. On March 14, 1970, only days before its scheduled demolition, the building was destroyed by fire. Like its successor, Old Young was named in honor of John C. Young and his son William C. Young, Class of 1859, both former presidents of Centre College. It stood directly behind the current Young Hall.
The building was 75 by 116 feet, three stories high, and of Bedford stone and buff pressed brick, with a tile roof. The basement story was of cut stone, and the rest of the building of brick trimmed with cut stone. The interior, constructed with heavy wood beams, was finished in white brick.