Date Built: 1962
Named For: Mr. and Mrs. Elbert G. Sutcliffe
Architect: Murphey and Mackey
Current Use: intercollegiate, intramural, recreation, and fitness activity
In 1962 Boyle-Humphrey Alumni Gymnasium was renovated and expanded, with the building taking on a new name as Sutcliffe Hall in honor of Elbert G. Sutcliffe, chair of the Board of Trustees. The original gym, which had been used as an auxilliary gym since the addition of a larger gymnasium in 1950, was converted into a ballroom. The building would later be renovated and exanded in 1981. Most of the original 1915 structure of Boyle-Humphrey Alumni Gymnasium was demolished as part of the 2004-2005 renovation and expansion of Sutcliffe Hall.
Today Sutcliffe contains three gymnasiums, four racquetball courts, two fitness rooms including the Buck Fitness Center, an athletic training room, an aerobics studio, seven locker rooms, coaches offices, the offices of the Directors of Athletics and Recreation, and the Hall of Fame Cafe.