Date Built: 1940, renovated 1992
Named For: Guy E. Wiseman, Class of 1885
Architect: Nevin, Morgan and Kilbrook
Current Use: residence hall; offices of registrar, diversity education, and religious life
Opened in the fall of 1940 as the first addition to Centre in 25 years, Wiseman Hall was designed by Nevin, Morgan and Kilbrook of Louisville, and followed the early 1800s southern style of architecture. Construction of Wiseman Hall allowed all freshmen to live on campus. It was formerly one component of the Wiseman Memorial Quadrangle, which consisted of two buildings--Wiseman (residence hall) and McReynolds (residence and dining hall).