Find Full-Text Articles
Looking for a full-text article? How to locate the text of an article when it is not full-text in the database you are looking at.
A. TO FIND OUT IF THE FULL TEXT IS AVAILABLE IN A DIFFERENT DATABASE
- On the Library Homepage, click on E-Journals A-Z. This resource lists all journals that have full-text articles in databases that we subscribe to.
- Type the journal title, then click Search.
- If you get results, compare the date of your article with the dates of coverage in the database(s).
- If you have a match, click on the database link to go directly to the database. (If your choices include Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier, MasterFILE Premier or Health Source, choose one of these; it is easier to get to your article in these databases.)
- If you have trouble pulling up your article, ask a Reference Librarian for help.
B. TO FIND OUT IF THE LIBRARY SUBSCRIBES TO A JOURNAL
- On the Library Homepage, next to Centre College Catalog, select Title from the drop-down menu. Type in the journal title and click Submit.
- If we have the journal, find "Lib. has". On some records, this is near the top, but on other records, you need to scroll down almost to the bottom. This information will tell you whether we have the issue containing the article you need.
- If your article is in a bound volume, note the call number and retrieve the volume from the Periodicals shelves in the basement. If your article is in a recent unbound issue, retrieve it from the alphabetically arranged Current Periodicals shelves in the lobby.
C. INTERLIBRARY LOAN
For articles not available in our library.
- On the Library Homepage, click on Interlibrary Loan.
- Click on Connect to Interlibrary Loan (via ILLiad).
- Logon to ILLiad using your Centre Username and Password.
- The first time you use the system, fill in the required fields under Add/Change Personal Information.
- Select Journal Article under New Request.
- Fill in the form and click Submit. You will be notified by e-mail when the article arrives.
Last updated August 28, 2007