|The 20 things college has taught me
RELEASED: Oct. 16, 2003
DANVILLE, KYSenior Anne Ledford has learned many things during her three-plus years at Centre College. Here she shares her top-20 list of quirky things she's gathered from her college experience.
1. The pizza store never stays open as late as you stay up.
2. Getting mail from your mom actually makes you cool.
3. Freshman 15 is a myth, but the college 30 is a reality.
4. That in high school it might be creepy, but in college it's cool to have a crush on your professor.
5. That dating for a week in college is like dating for a month in high school.
6. That I do appreciate a clean room.
7. That my roommate does not necessarily feel the same.
8. That cafeteria foodeven good cafeteria foodmakes me realize that even mom's leftovers were a delicacy.
9. That I'm no longer the smartest person.
10. To appreciate naptime.
11. Spring break is 10 times more fun when you're in college.
12. That just because you got in doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be on the dean's list.
13. That insomnia can be productive.
14. Silly string and water balloons are still as fun as they were in 5th grade.
15. I still rely too heavily on spell check to right my wrongs.
16. That a guy seeing you in your bath towel is not the end of the world.
17. That everything "traumatic" that happened to me in high school is not.
18. That Easy Mac deserves its own place on the food pyramid.
19. That nobody except for you (and maybe med school) cares what your GPA is or was.
20. It's always fun to make plans even when you don't have the money to do it.
- end -
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714