||Going up! Centre's Elevator Speech
RELEASED: July 15, 2004
DANVILLE, KYWant to know more about Centre College? Those interested can learn a lot about the institution in a short time from the Centre Elevator Speechso named because it can be read in the time it takes an elevator to go from the bottom floor to the top floor. (Since the speech is comprised of 10 short paragraphs, its admittedly a tall building with a slow elevator.)
Centre's Elevator Speech gives a quick yet comprehensive overview of the College. The Elevator Speech was recently touted by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
Among the highlights of the speech:
* Centre was founded in 1819
* The school has produced two vice presidents, two Supreme Court justices and seven Rhodes Scholars
* Centre is a U.S. News & World Report top-50 national liberal arts college (the highest ranking of any Kentucky institution)
* Ninety-seven percent of Centre's faculty hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree
* Centre has one of the nations leading study abroad programs
* Under the terms of the Centre Commitment, the college guarantees all students who meet their normal academic and social obligations will graduate in four years, will get a chance to study abroad, and will be able to take part in an internshipor Centre provides up to a year of additional study tuition-free.
For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/. Or hop on one of the elevators on campus to see the speech.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top-50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714
Back to News and Events Home Page