20 Questions: A sketch of Centre history professor Amos Tubb
RELEASED: Dec. 22, 2005
DANVILLE, KY 1. Position/title: Assistant Professor of History.
2. Hometown: Crockett, California
3. Career highlight: Learning that that are TWO Newcastles in England
4. Signature class: Medieval and Early Modern Britain
5. Recent publication/exhibition/performance: "Printing the Regicide of Charles I" in the journal History
6. Family details: wife Karen and daughter Eleanor, age 2 1/2
7. Hobbies: I stopped having hobbies 2 1/2 years ago. As I recall, I used to hike, read, travel, be interested in current events, listen to music and have ambitions of learning another language. Currently I like Sesame Street better than Barney, sing Old McDonald about 20 times a day, and am really, really excited about bowel movements.
8. Pets: Dear God No
9. Prized possession: The extra child potty we have DOWNSTAIRS. This is a lifesaver.
10. Last book read:The Cat in the Hat
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Going to the "Green park" (Millennium Park in Danville)
12. Favorite movie:Star Wars
13. Favorite album: "Sesame Street Fever"
14. Favorite food: apples—very easy to clean up
15. Favorite smell: currently there are no good smells in our house
16. Person you most admire: anyone with twins
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: whoever decided to put pictures on diapers - I'd like to give them a piece of my mind
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Oliver Cromwell
19. What would you be doing if you weren't teaching at Centre: Be bitter I couldn't teach at Centre
20. Describe yourself in three words: Way too serious
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714
Back to News and Events Home Page