20 Questions: A sketch of Centre athletic director Brian Chafin
RELEASED: May 18, 2006
| Brian Chafin and his friend Joe Bunch tackle the links at Old Head in Ireland.
1. Position/title: Director of Athletics and Recreation and Coordinator of Golf.
2. Hometown: Chappaqua, NY.
3. Career highlight: Taking both the men's soccer team (Elite 8) and women's basketball team (Final Four) at Clarkson University to the NCAA Championships in the same year 1988-89.
4. What got you started in coaching: Athletics was always a big part of my life and when I didn't enjoy Wall Street, it was a natural move.
5. Most embarrassing coaching moment: Leaving a player behind at school because he was late for a bus.
6. Family details: Single, son Rob is a junior at the University of Dayton.
7. Hobbies: Playing golf and watching Centre teams excel.
8. Pets: None, just lost my best buddy Cassidy, a female cocker spaniel, last August.
She went everywhere with me, trips, golf course and even to work on the weekends.
9. Prized possession: My health.
10. Last book read:Coach Wooden, One on One.
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Golf trip to Ireland.
12. Favorite movie:Caddyshack.
13. Favorite album: All Beach Boys.
14. Favorite food: Good lasagna.
15. Favorite smell: Spring time.
16. Person(s) you most admire:John Ward, vice president of academic affairs, dean of the College, and Professor of English and Ray Hammond, Professor of Biology and Chair of Health and Human Performance.
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Michael Jordan.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Franklin D. Roosevelt.
19. What would you be doing if you weren't teaching at Centre: Do the same thing at another quality Division III college.
20. Describe yourself in three words: Organized, anal, happy.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714
Back to News and Events Home Page