DANVILLE, KY—1. Position/title: Assistant Director of Admission.
2. Hometown: Harrodsburg, Ky.
3. Career highlight: Assisting with freshmen move-in the fall after completing my first year in Centre’s admission office and witnessing the excitement of students I worked with as they arrived on campus—I'm anticipating a similar highlight this fall as well.
4. What brought you to Centre? My parents’ vehicle some six years ago to move in as a Centre College freshman.
5. Favorite/amusing/profound student anecdote? Being asked repeatedly at a college fair if Centre offered a major in diesel mechanics… I shared a table with the Nashville Auto-Diesel College representative—prospective students were confused thinking that the schools were grouped by course offerings. For those of you keeping score at home, the answer is no, Centre does not offer a major in diesel mechanics.
6. Family details: Nick and Elaine Dedman (parents) of Harrodsburg, Ky.; John Dedman (brother) of Indianapolis, Ind.
7. Hobbies: Athletics, outdoor activities, reading, traveling.
8. Pets: None, currently.
9. Prized possession: A sapphire ring set off by diamonds from my late maternal grandmother’s wedding band.
10. Last book read:Follow the River by James Alexander Thom.
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Strasbourg, France, and most of western Europe, spring 2002, and New Zealand, January 2004.
12. Favorite movie:Mary Poppins.
13. Favorite album: Vanilla Ice’s Ice Ice Baby single cassette circa 1990—if you’re lucky, I’ll perform a karaoke rendition.
14. Favorite food: Anything prepared at Beaumont Inn and/or The Old Owl Tavern.
15. Favorite smell: A campfire.
16. Person(s) you most admire: My parents.
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Katie Couric.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: My maternal grandfather.
19. What would you be doing if you weren't working at Centre: Trying to make it in Hollywood as a music video backup dancer.
20. Describe yourself in three words: Full of life.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714