1. Position/title:Vice President and Dean of Student Life.
2. Hometown: Norfolk, VA; Glasgow, KY; or Danville (where I was born, where my parents now live, or where I've lived the longest).
3. Career highlight: Winning the "Rookie of the Year" award after my first year at Centre (93-94).
4. What brought you to Centre? To work in residence life & counseling—my first role here—after meeting Nancy Lackey, former vice president and dean of student life, in Kansas City.
5. Favorite/amusing/profound student anecdote? Where to begin... should I name names... share photos? I'm lucky enough to get to work with Centre's best and brightest—and every once in a while, even they do something funny. But, I'm sworn to secrecy...
6. Family details: Eli, my black cat, and Brody, my two-year old pound-puppy.
7. Hobbies: Movies, music, and cooking.
8. Pets: While I think of them as children, again—Brody and Eli.
9. Prized possession: Old family photo albums, and an old copy (bought in Scotland) of The Lord of the Rings.
10. Last book read:Marley and Me, by John Grogan.
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Snorkeling in Belize, New Orleans pre-Katrina, and Cape Cod.
12. Favorite movie:The Lord of the Rings.
13. Favorite album:Wrecking Ball by Emmylou Harris, Song of Joy by Captain and Tennille, and Rumors by Fleetwood Mac.
14. Favorite food: Broadly, Italian and Mexican; specifically, fried green tomatoes.
15. Favorite smell: Magnolia.
16. Person you most admire: My parents.
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Bill Clinton.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: JRR Tolkien.
19. What would you be doing if you weren't working at Centre: Running a quaint B&B somewhere near an ocean.
20. Describe yourself in three words: Optimistic, sarcastic, loyal.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714