20 Questions: A sketch of Centre student life intern Megean Kincaid
RELEASED: Sept. 21, 2006
DANVILLE, KY—1. Position/title: Student Life intern for Greek Affairs and Leadership Development.
2. Hometown: Louisville, KY.
3. Career highlight: Commencement was a pretty big deal.
4. What brought you to Centre? I spent the summer on Centre's campus as a Governor's Scholar in 2001 and that pretty much did it for me.
5. Favorite/amusing/profound student anecdote? It may be dorky, but one of my favorite Centre traditions is singing "Centre Dear" at the major convocations, so singing the song for the last time at commencement was a profound moment for me. It was at that moment that I realized my time as a Centre student was truly over. Thank goodness I've come back to Centre and get more opportunities to belt it out!
6. Family details: Parents, Bill and Joanne, in Louisville; sister, Jessica, in Lexington.
7. Hobbies: Baking, movies, reading, playing with Nancy Drew, design-offs, home decorating and Boggle as of late.
8. Pets: A kitten named Nancy Drew.
9. Prized possession: A ring that belonged to my great-grandmother that was given to me on my 21st birthday.
10. Last book read: I just re-read The Moviegoer, by Walker Percy.
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Studying abroad in London with probably the coolest people ever in the spring of 2005.
12. Favorite movie:It's a Wonderful Life, The Princess Bride and Walk the Line to name a few.
13. Favorite album: John Mayer's Room for Squares, Coldplay's X&Y, Elvis's #1 Hits.
14. Favorite food: Sweet potato casserole.
15. Favorite smell: Baked goods.
16. Person you most admire: My Father.
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: J.J. Abrams.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Grace Kelly, Elvis Presley.
19. What would you be doing if you weren't working at Centre: Running a bakery/bookstore or a party-planning conglomerate.
20. Describe yourself in three words: Happy Go Lucky.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714