1. Position/title: Director of Student Activities.
6. Family details: Four wonderful brothers and sisters.
2. Hometown: Atlanta, GA.
3. Career highlight: In 2001, I was recognized at the regional level as the New Professional of the Year. More importantly, it was amazing to read the kind words that colleagues and students had written for the nomination.
4. What brought you to Centre? It was time for a change, an exciting job opportunity, and it brought me closer to my family.
5. Favorite/amusing/profound student anecdote? One of the most profound experiences that I've had was when a student on the orientation team, O.J., was killed in a car accident when he fell asleep at the wheel. I interacted with O.J. and countless other students every day, but it wasn't until we lost O.J. that I understood how profoundly students impact my life and my work every day. His passing is a constant reminder to me, and thereby, the students I work with that life is precious.
7. Hobbies: Reading, exercising, hanging out with friends and laughing.
8. Pets: Macie, my one year-old chocolate lab.
9. Prized possession: My Grandmother's pearl necklace.
10. Last book read:Kite Runner.
11. Memorable trip/vacation: A trip to Europe with my family. I will never forget watching my Dad and brother run across the Champs-Elysees.
12. Favorite movie:When Harry Met Sally.
13. Favorite album:Wicked soundtrack.
14. Favorite food: Tomatoes.
15. Favorite smell: The smell after it rains.
16. Person you most admire: My mother and grandmother.
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Maya Angelou and Michael J. Fox.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: JFK and Martin Luther King, Jr.
19. What would you be doing if you weren't working at Centre: Working with students at another institution or event planning.
20. Describe yourself in three words: Keepin' it real.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714