20 Questions: A sketch of Centre assistant professor of French Allison Connolly
RELEASED: December 13, 2007
2. Hometown: Des Moines, Iowa
3. Career Highlight: Being hired at Centre!
4. Favorite College Course: International Business French
5. Recent Presentation or Other Professional Project: I'm preparing a conference on food in postcolonial literature, to be presented at the University of Kentucky in April.
6. Family: I'm single, but I come from a big family.
7. Hobbies: Cooking, exercise, embroidery, reading
8. Most memorable experience of your education: Spending my junior year in Paris
9. Prized possession: My scarves
10. Favorite book: There are so many. In English, I'd say "Prodigal Summer" by Barbara Kingsolver. In French, my latest favorite is "Le Bonheur a la queue glissante" by Abla Farhoud.
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Any and all trips to the South of France are memorable—amazing food, great weather, stunning landscapes…and I get to speak French 24/7.
12. Favorite movie: "Le Papillon"
13. Favorite album: Lately I've been listening to "Munia" by Richard Bona.
14. Favorite artist (of any type): Cézanne, Camille Claudel, Grant Wood
15. Attitude toward technology: As a teacher I love it, as long as it advances language acquisition.
16. Person you most admire: my Grandma Mary Ellen
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Thich Nhat Hanh (Buddhist monk from Vietnam)
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Sidonie Gabrielle Colette (French writer)
19. What would you be doing if you weren't working at Centre? Gallivanting around the Francophone world
20. Describe yourself in three words: Patient, compassionate, pensive
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Consumers Digest ranks Centre No. 1 in educational value among all U.S. liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422