20 Questions: A sketch of Centre professor of math and information technology director Art Moore
RELEASED: December 20, 2007
2. Hometown: Born in Kentucky. Raised in Hialeah, Fla. Currently Danville, Ky. (And this is home.)
3. Career Highlight: Oversaw the implementation of Centre's first fully integrated administrative information system and the local campus intranet environment
4. Favorite College Course: "Probability Theory"
5. Recent Presentation or Other Professional Project:
6. Family: Lucy, wife of 37.5 years; children, Todd and Lara; grandson, Noah and another grandchild on the way; and Molly, our black lab
7. Hobbies: Bicycling, camping, hiking
8. Most memorable experience of your education: In the fall of 1968, as a senior cadet officer of the U.S. Army ROTC program and a member of Scabbard and Blade, I was chosen as the personal escort of Vice President Hubert Humphrey when he made a visit to the University of Florida campus. This visit occurred about a year before he was actively campaigning for the presidency. It wasn't exactly a fun experience, but it will stay with me as long as I live.
9. Prized possession: My grandmother's 1890s-vintage chiming table clock.
10. Favorite book: "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee"
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Mission trip with seven Centre students to Mescalero
12. Favorite movie: "Dr. Zhivago"
13. Favorite album: "Tear Down the Walls," Vince Martin and Fred Neil
14. Favorite artist (of any type): Fred Neil
15. Attitude toward technology: It's great when applied to solving practical problems.
16. Person you most admire: Pope John Paul II
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Jimmy Carter
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Chief Joseph (Nez Percé)
19. What would you be doing if you weren't working at Centre? National park ranger
20. Describe yourself in three words: Zealous, practical, trustworthy
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Consumers Digest ranks Centre No. 1 in educational value among all U.S. liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422