Early action admission deadline is fast approaching
RELEASED: November 29, 2007
DANVILLE, KY—In order to accommodate prospective students' varying needs, Centre College offers two admission application plans—early action and regular decision. The deadline for the early action plan is this Saturday, Dec. 1, 2007.
Students who apply by Dec. 1 will be notified of admission decisions by mid-January of 2008. Admitted students under the early action plan will also receive early notification of merit scholarships (in late January) and need-based financial aid (in March).
Applications received by the regular decision deadline of Feb. 1 will be notified of admission decisions by mid-March.
At Centre, applying online is simple and convenient for busy high school seniors. And the application fee is waived when students apply online!
By clicking Apply Online on the College's homepage, prospective students can begin an application, see what they've already sent in, submit remaining parts of the application and e-mail the required forms to guidance counselors and teachers.
The following six items must be postmarked (or submitted online) by the appropriate application deadline date:
* Centre Application for Admission (parts 1 and 2) or the Common Application (available in most guidance offices)
* Secondary school evaluation form completed by a guidance counselor
* Official high school transcript
* Teacher evaluation completed by someone who has taught the student in a college preparatory course in the student's junior or senior year
* Score reports of all ACT (including subscores) or SAT-I tests
* Official school report of grades received in courses taken during the first semester of senior year
The following items are optional:
* Interview—recommended but not required
* The Parent Recommendation adds a welcome perspective to any application but is not mandatory.
For those applying via postal mail, the application fee of $40 is non-refundable. A fee waiver may be requested if a student's financial situation warrants it and a counselor sends a letter supporting the request.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Consumers Digest ranks Centre No. 1 in educational value among all U.S. liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://www.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://www.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422